Solo Pianists | Pianist-Composers | Chamber Groups
a retreat for high-level musicians to perform and study in Porto
August 1 - 9, 2022
The Porto Pianofest Artist Residency Program is made to foster artistry, creativity, and craft for emerging and professional musicians. This unique opportunity gives musicians a chance to live and work outside of their usual environments, all while being surrounded by some of the best artists from around the world. Resident Artists have the chance to gain one-on-one mentoring and coaching sessions from our world-class Artist Faculty in preparation for a solo recital towards the end of the festival week.
A 45-minute solo recital will be organized and promoted for each resident (or residency group) in some of Portugal’s most beautiful venues. Posters and social media content will be provided, along with a professional video recording of the recital. New headshots will be arranged for each resident artist as well to use for any professional engagements thereafter.
This Residency Program is an unmissable experience for emerging musicians to perform, learn, and meditate on their instrument within a professional and encouraging environment.
For the 2022 season, we will be accepting applications from solo pianists, pianist-composers, and already formed chamber groups (duos, trios, and quartets with or without piano).
What is offered?
- 9 days of intensive practicing and artistic growth, concluding with a 45 minute solo recital in a beautiful venue
- Repertoire coaching sessions with each of our Artist Faculty members (4 total)
- Access to teachers and guest artists for mentoring
- A guaranteed practice room each day for 5 hours
- Tickets to all festival concerts and events
- Room and board for 10 nights (July 31 to August 10, with daily breakfast included)
- Access to audit all lessons and coaching sessions
- Professional video and audio recording of the residents’ solo concert
- Social media promotion and shareable content on Porto Pianofest channels